Wednesday, February 15, 2006

"Hey Jube"

He is here, our first grandchild. His name is Jude Michael LeBlanc. What an awsome name for such a little fellow.
I spent much of the day he was born (11/21/05) cleaning my house. I must admit I was a nervous wreck waiting for updates on my daughter's progress. She was admitted on that Monday to be induced(been there done that not fun at all). She was progressing slowly, so in the early afternoon the team of Doctors decided to do a C-section. Never having one myself, I cannnot speak of the experience. Ginger's (my daughter) husband was with her and was able to video tape the event. A few weeks later I was able to see the miracle of Jude's birth.I will never forget the rush of emotion. concerned for my daughter and what she was going through, I was not with her. A week later I flew to Louisiana to take care of Ginger and the baby.
To hold your childs child for the first time is an experience I cannot describe. My twin sister Mary ,became a Grandmother in January of 2005. She said holding that child the first time is like seeing your family in the face of that child, your Mom and Daddy. it was so true.I thought of my parents at this time, they are deceased, my mom 11 years ago and my dad 3 years ago. i wondered if they felt this way about my children. to me it is like God saying "it is ok for life to go on". I will go on, my bloodline will continue. what a mixed bag of heritage this little fellow has. Jude you come from a red faced Irishman, a German greatgrandmother, a Cajunfrench greatgrandmother, and scotchirish greatgrandfather. you also have a little English, Swedish, Canary Islander. what a special young man you will be.
I know all grandparents are particulary proud of their grandchildren, but there was never such a beautiful child born as this one. After all he is our first.I know I will love all my other grandchildren, and I hope there will be more. But there is nothing like that first one.So my wonderful little man your Nana loves you so much.

PS. the reason for the title is not a typo. My husbands Father sends out a Christmas news letter and announced we had become the proud grandparents of baby"Jube". this has become a running joke in our family.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ginger LeBlanc said...

Awww - that is so sweet! What an awesome entry. I will have to print it out and put it in his baby book.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home